Thursday, September 23, 2010

All That is Wrong With America - Part 2

Let's jump in, because we found that there is just so much 'wrong' with America and our reading public needs to be informed!



Let's be honest, these dramatized pictures should strike terror in hearts of all thinking Americans.  If you look up 'wrong' in the dictionary these might be the pictures you'd see...deep breath!












This speaks for it's self!

Some might say there are a few things wrong with this photo, but I'm wondering how did the Colonel get away with white after Labor Day?  I thought that was wrong...
How did this happen?  When we started I was taller!!!  I didn't feed him much (ask Noah road food is limited), I bonk him regularly on the head - all my efforts have been in vain, alas!

Maybe the question isn't: 'What is wrong with Iowa?'
But can anyone thing of anything right with Iowa? 
"Honey, look what I got at the store - chocolate milk flavored gin for little Johnny and cherry flavored tequila for little Cindy!"  Wrong!  Wrong!  Wrong!  Leave it to Iowa...

There's nothing wrong with our great visit to the kaleidoscope maker in Iowa, except that his is the only viable business in the 'downtown' and we now refer to the town as the Zombie Zone.  The abandoned area looked like a great place for a B film with lots of ketchup! And a side note here might be that this picture immortalized Micah's first pair of sunglasses...he's on his fourth pair.  I would say that's 'wrong', but he takes after his Dad (just ask Corey, she kindly supplied Pete with a case of glasses every few months!).  I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree! 

This is actually the Walmart (future Walmart?) according to Shirley-Lynn our helpful GPS.  We are convinced she is just not right in the head (well, if she had a head)!  Well, whatever her 'issues' are - she is WRONG a fair share of the time.  I am left wondering if we could have been home a month ago if we'd used good ole fashioned maps.






"Babe, did you wash my work clothes?"
Recession, 10% jobless rate, so you got to do what you got to do, but still!









Wall Drug...how can something soooo good be soooo wrong?  It can't!










This isn't 'wrong'...but weird.












Umm, I guess Orth Akota welcomes us!





It is just wrong that no one told me how beautiful Minot is in July!  (Well, maybe Sandy did tell me and I guess I got caught up with the 50 below part and never heard the rest.)  It is so pretty!  There are fields and fields of flax and soybean that flower in purple and yellow - it's gorgeous!  The yellow fields (soybean, I think) look like a sunbeam is touching down!  It's bright it looks like the fields are lite up!











We are still not even half way through our journey of wrongness, so buckle up for more blogs of wrongness in it's awesomest form!

1 comment:

  1. The boys behind the wheel? That is wrong! Sorry guys, there is a part of me that still sees you as "my little nephews... ahhhh". And I totally agree about the flags to cross the street being weird! They have those here in Utah also. When I first saw them I thought it was sooooo strange, that I had to carry one across the street with me just as a novelty.

    ReplyDelete