Sunday, June 13, 2010

How Do I Always Get Sundays?

(So there are 3 of us rotating on this blog thing and yet I was here last Sunday...ummm...something smells fishy.) 

Fortunately there's lots to share! 
Our worship with the Jordan-Lakes was wonderful.  The message was on pain and sufffering...the pastor was amazing this YouTube video will give you an idea:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4Qb1qdXn4o

ummm...I'm trying to keep the blog a little lite for you all.  But this hit home. And the pastor handled it so well.  I really appreciated it.  (You can listen to the sermon at http://www.brentwoodbaptist.com/brentwood/this_sunday.html.) 

After church, Micah and I went to lunch in the church cafe.  So nice to have some time just the two of us (Dylan and I had made a nuisance of ourselves as we talked and snuggled all through church - luckily there were about 2,000 people so only our neighbors noticed)!  Micah's a great kid - I so enjoy spending time with (both of) my boys (I know you are all jealous!)!

Later we had an enjoyable swim (including pizza by the pool - how decadent is that?).  Then we went to see the Nashville Symphony (for free - how awesome is that?) at the park with Joy's mom. 


If that doesn't make our last day so special maybe this little tidbit will:  Julia drove twice while we were here!  Oh yea!  And Jasmine swam across the entire pool!  (Great job, Jaz!!!)  Justin may seem as though he's forgotten...never!  He was just so busy play Houdini with the boys I hardly saw him.  (The truth is that Justin and Dylan are basically inseparable and may have actually become Siamese-twins connected at the waist during this visit!  Ah, friends!)

Tomorrow we leave...bummer...we considered trying to go for 'squatters-rights' (with all the activity in the Jordan-Lake house, they may have never noticed that we didn't leave!), except the AC broke and it's pretty hot on the second floor.  So we move on to Clarksville to visit other dear friends: Bob and Laurie Key - can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you had an AMAZING time with the Jordan Lakes ~ God is good! I haven't listened to the links yet, but will... love you!

    ReplyDelete